Quality Assurance Program
- Our practice aims to provide consistent quality dental care for all our patients. We have implemented a clinical governance policy to assist us in our individual responsibility of maintaining the highest level of care. There are key QA policies on radiology, cross infection control and health and safety.
- In order for us to treat you safely it is important for us to take a full medical history, which is then checked at each examination appointment. Treatment plans and options are explained, estimates given and your treatment wishes are always taken into account.
- Cross infection control is essential in the surgery and is maintained by all staff. All team members receive training in infection control procedure, including the use of 'rubber dam'.
- As part of a national screening program we check jaw joints, lips, cheeks, tongue and soft tissues for 'lumps, bumps and patches' (including mouth cancer), at routine appointments.
- We hold regular staff meetings at which all members of the team are encouraged to input their ideas on improving the quality of patient care. New staff joining our practice are qualified and/or given full training in all practice procedures.
- We have patient questionnaires, which we encourage you to fill in. This enables us to review the services we offer you. We also have an in house complaints procedure, which ensures that all complaints made are handled promptly.
- Our dentists follow a policy of preventative dentistry and believe in the value of regular dental examinations to minimize treatment in the future. They keep up to date with current issues by taking part in continuing professional development above the minimum GDC requirements.
- We aim to utilise the most modern techniques and materials available to ensure you receive the most appropriate care of the highest standard.